Horizon is an effective solution to securely overcome firewall and NAT issues present in H.323 and SIP based MoIP networks. By creating a secure tunnel for audio, video and data streams, Horizon enables secure connectivity across multiple network boundaries without any security compromises.
Horizon also requires no configuration changes to existing firewalls and NATs. Using Horizon, you can provide:
- Secure end-to-end IP multimedia communication across enterprise networks, through encryption of signaling and media.
- A multimedia conferencing solution to communicate with partners and customers – especially useful for Service Providers.
Horizon supports multiple firewall traversal protocols, in order to seamlessly integrate into existing infrastructure. These include proprietary secure tunneling, STUN/TURN/ICE-based traversal for SIP endpoints, and H.460-based traversal for H.323 endpoints. Multiple traversal protocols are negotiated between the Horizon Client and Server in order to reach the best result for endpoints:
- STUN/TURN/ICE are used to negotiate UDP channels for both signaling and media data.
- H.460.18 and H.460.19 standard-based protocol are used for H.460 compatible endpoints.
- Secure proprietary TCP based tunneling is used for both signaling and media data.
- Ubiquitous proprietary HTTP/HTTPS based tunneling is used to traverse virtually all firewalls.
Learn more about Horizon.