After a long time coming I would like to announce the release of Adhearsion v0.8.4! Adhearsion was originally created by Jay Phillips (@jicksta) in 2006. Since that time it has evolved to become one of the most complete and widely adopted development frameworks for the Asterisk open-source telephony engine.
This release marks the continuation of the platform with some major enhancements and bugfixes:
- Support for Asterisk 1.6 (continued backward compatibility with Asterisk 1.4)
- Added support for ActiveLDAP
- ActiveRecord now works properly with Adhearsion components
- Daemonizing of Adhearsion no longer truncates log files
- Escape commands sent to Asterisk via AGI
- Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI) events now work when daemonized
- Various enhancements for improved Asterisk 1.6 support
- Various bugfixes
I would like to thank Ben Klang (@bklang), Troy Davis (@troyd), Eric Lindvall (@lindvall), Michel Villancourt (@jkl5group), Wayne Walker and so many others in the community that continue to support and move this project forward. There are more things in the works, so stay tuned for additional announcements coming soon.